Are you suffering from chronic back pain? If you go to a primary care doctor, chances are they’ll prescribe pain medication and send you home. The reality is, primary care physicians have little training in the art and science of dealing with back pain and its core causes. Although medication can provide you with temporary relief, you’ll soon find yourself back in the doctor’s office, or laid out in bed for several days until you can repeat the cycle again later.
What if there was a non-surgical and drug-free way to get at the source of your back pain, and provide you with long term relief?
Clearstone Medical Center Back Pain Treatment
When it comes to back pain, comprehensive treatment with the best available tools in a medically integrated clinic gives you the best chance at living pain-free and stopping your back pain cycle. A combination of chiropractic care, regenerative medicine, massage, and physical therapeutics can heal, strengthen, and transform your back.
What Causes Back Pain?
Back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide, is one of the most common reasons for missed work, and is the third most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office. There are a number of different causes of back pain owing to the fact that it is a complicated structure of bones, joints, ligaments, and muscles. In many cases, back pain is temporary, while at other times, it can last for months or years. Regardless of the cause, you need to be evaluated to see exactly what is causing your pain. Back pain can be the result of many causes, including:
- Ligaments sprains and muscle strains
- Herniated or ruptured discs
- Improper twisting while lifting
- Spinal stenosis
- Sitting or standing for prolonged periods
- Degenerative disc disease
- Bone Deformities
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Bone Spurs
- Excess weight
When Should I see a doctor for Back Pain?
Pain is simply a warning sign that something is wrong in your body. If you have lower back pain or any of the related symptoms mentioned above, you should make an appointment. If you answer yes to any of the questions below, you should see a doctor.
- Have you injured your back recently?
- Has your back problem caused you to miss work regularly?
- Does your back problem affect your quality of sleep?
- Is it painful or uncomfortable to sit?
- Are your activities of daily living affected by your back problem?
- Are you missing out on social events as a result of your back pain?
What are common symptoms of back problems?
The most common complaint with back problems is widespread pain in an around the lower back region. Other symptoms may be present that you should report to your doctor. The more your doctor knows about your symptoms, the better he or she can diagnose your problem. Other symptoms you may experience that relate to low back problems are:
- Pain that radiates to the buttock or down the leg
- Changes in the pain based on different positions
- Weakness in your legs or feet
- Numbness, tingling, or burning in your back, buttocks, legs, or feet
- Shooting or dull pain in your lower back that is chronic in nature
Why Clearstone Medical Clinic for Your Back Pain Treatment?
At Clearstone, Each patient’s treatment plan is customized to the patient based on the nature of the condition and the diagnosis. Because we take a team-based approach in a medically integrated environment, you receive a customized treatment plan tailored to your specific issue. Your treatment may include some combination of the following:
- Spinal manipulative therapy
- Cold laser therapy
- Interferential electrical stimulation
- Manual therapy
- Non-surgical Disc Decompression Therapy
- Prescription medication
- Trigger point injections
More serious back conditions like fractures, ruptured discs, or tumors might need surgery. Surgery is typically only an option after unsuccessfully trying other non-surgical treatments first.