Have you been living with chronic sciatica pain? Sciatica can be one of the most disabling types of pain. The sharp shooting pains that radiate down your leg can make life feel unbearable at times. A traditional primary care doctor will tell you to rest and take pain medication, but that only gives you temporary relief. You continue to live with pain and possibly miss work and the things you enjoy in life. Surgery for sciatica results in scar tissue around the site of surgery, lost work time, and rehab that can lead to less than expected results. If a second surgery is needed, success rates go down further. What if you could eliminate your sciatica pain with no surgery or drugs, and get back to living your life pain-free?
Clearstone Medical Center Sciatica Pain Treatment
The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in your body. It extends from lumbar and sacral nerves in your lower back, through the buttocks, thighs, lower legs, and feet. Clearstone Medical Center is one of North Little Rock, Arkansas’ only clinics offering non-surgical, advanced treatments for sciatica pain. Using non-surgical spinal decompression therapy, combined with regenerative medicine, and conservative chiropractic care, we can give you very fast and long-term sciatic pain relief.
What Causes Sciatic Pain?
Sciatica pain is caused by irritation or inflammation of the sciatic nerve. You can develop sciatica from:
- Degeneration in the lumbar spine causing lumbar nerve root compression
- Narrowing of your spinal canal (stenosis)
- A bulging or ruptured disc
- Pinched nerves
- Bone spurs
- Pregnancy causing increased pressure on a lumbar nerve root
- Note: Back pain may or may not be present with Sciatica
What are the Signs of Sciatica Pain?
The only way to really know if your pain is sciatica is to schedule an appointment and get an evaluation. If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, you should book an evaluation.
- Pain that originates in your buttock and runs down your leg
- Pain that radiates and makes walking or standing difficult
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in your leg, foot, or toes
- Burning sensations in your buttock, leg, or foot
Ready to Start Enjoying the
Activities You Love Again?
How Does Clearstone Diagnose Sciatica?
Our expert team of doctors at Clearstone Medical Center will start by discussing your history and symptoms. The doctor will want to know:
- Do certain positions help or aggravate the pain?
- How do you describe your symptoms; sharp, dull, burning, numbness, or tingling?
- Are there times where the pain is worse than others?
- What were you doing when the pain started?
Your doctor will want to perform an orthopedic examination of your spine after completing your consultation and history. Observing the effect of certain spinal movements along with standard orthopedic tests, helps the doctor identify the cause of your pain. The doctor will likely want to order some diagnostic imaging, such as X-rays or an MRI. By completing this workup, we will be able to diagnose if sciatica is causing your pain. Regardless of the cause, our doctors are highly trained to determine the nature of your condition, sciatica, or not.
Why Clearstone Medical Clinic for Your Sciatica Pain Treatment?
Clearstone Medical Clinic practices integrated medicine focused on providing long term relief rather than temporarily treating and masking the symptoms. Our aim is to combine the multiple medical disciplines to heal the source of your problem without surgery or drugs. Some common treatments for sciatica include a combination of:
- Rehab stretches and/ or specific exercises
- Specific therapy to alleviate lumbar nerve compression
- Interferential electrical stimulation
- Non-surgical Disc Decompression Therapy
- Ice therapy over the inflamed area
- Pain reliever or anti-inflammatory medication
- Injections of medications
- Muscle relaxants